Scouting Milestones of a life time
Occasionally, Scouts Ask, "Mr. Papp, what is your favorite Camping Trip,
. . .Award. . .Activity. . .etc." Actually, this list
"could" be separated into Camping Trips, Awards, Events etc. . . .
Maybe, we'll try that some other day.
I've given this a GREAT DEAL of thought, and here is my "Scouting
Top Ten List" from our Home Office here in beautiful
Downtown Rotterdam, New York.
"John's Scouting TOP TEN List."
1. Eagle Scout June of 1977
2. Vigil Honor in the Order of the Arrow May of 1980
3. Scoutmaster of Troop 357 Rotterdam-Schenectady,
4. Awarded Schenectady District Award of Merit April
5. Awarded National Distinguished Scoutmasters Award of Merit
6. Philmont High Adventure 50 Mile Backpacking Trek July 1978
7. Scotland Contingent July 1980
8. 2001 National Scout Jamboree Photo Editor for Jamboree TODAY
9. Adirondack High Adventure 50 Mile Canoe Trek July
10. Our Scouts winning the 2001 VFW/AMERICAN LEGION Invitational Camporee.
11. Our Scouts Winning the 2002 Saratoga District Klondike
12. Our Scouts awarded the BEST SPIRIT AWARDS at the 2002 Schenectady
13. Our Scouts coming in 3rd out of 52 Patrols in Fire Building at the 2002
14. Our Scouts awarded the First Twin Rivers Council "Community
Service Award" in April of 2002.
15. ALL of My Eagle Scouts as Scoutmaster.
I know this is more than 10, however as we continue to improve things in
Troop 357, we improve the Quality of the
Scouting Experience for each
and everyone of us!
NOW, let's SEE your "Scouting
Top TEN List."
Yours in Scouting Spirit,
John M. Papp
"Nendawen" ~The Torch Carrier "He who shows
Eagle Scout Class of 1977
Scoutmaster of Troop 357 Rotterdam-Schenectady, New York
2001 National Jamboree "Jambo TODAY" Newspaper Photo
Schenectady District Email Administrator
Award of Merit '01
Scoutmaster's Key '02
National Distinguished Scoutmaster's Award of Merit '02
"Since 9-11, America
is coming back to the values that scouting has
Where MEMORIES are Made,
and TRADITION is
QUIT . . . . .and QUITTERS NEVER
Words of Wisdom
THE KEY TO SUCCESS!"
David Bournazian~Music Director of the Mohonasen Marching Band